Title IX & Sexual Harassment Policy Compliance Office
The Title IX Compliance and Sexual Harassment Policy Compliance Office (TIX/SHPC) provides a variety of standard and customized training programs to help faculty, staff and students understand, prevent and respond to discrimination, harassment and equity in work and academic environments. We highlight the latest campus and system-wide trends and provide information related to relevant policies and procedures regarding discrimination and harassment.
The training workshops offered by the TIX/SHPC are open to all campus members and departments.
Below is a list of the main areas covered within the TIX/SHPC training program. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Non-supervisory Harassment Prevention Training
- Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention
- Specific Discrimination Modules
- AB1825 Sexual Harassment Training for Faculty & Supervisors (required for all supervisors and faculty) - The TIX/SHPC training program includes a diversified design to accommodate the learning styles, needs and schedules of all campus community members.
- SH Training for Graduate Students - Sexual harassment prevention training is vital to the performance and professional development of our graduate students and to the well-being of our campus community.
- Title IX Compliance Requirements Training - Awareness training on Department of Education and Office of Civil Rights regulations
- Student Staff Sexual Harassment Prevention Training - An interactive 60-minute theatrical presentation of scenarios involving sexual harassment. The audience engages with the facilitator and actors in identifying potential problematic behavior, reviewing some appropriate responses and highlighting the need and responsibility of reporting such behavior to a campus official.
The TIX/SHPC occasionally partners with other campus resources to provide a more comprehensive training to its audience. These collaborative efforts have increased the opportunities for innovative and effective techniques and allowed the TIX/SHPC to deliver its message to a wider audience. Such partners have included:
- The Women, Gender, & Sexual Equity Department (WGSE)
- CARE: Campus Advocacy, Resources & Education
- Resource Center for Sexual & Gender Diversity (RCSGD)
- Intercollegiate Athletics Department (ICA)
- Theater Department
- Housing Department